Thursday, August 4, 2011

Potty Talk

dsc_7635

Some of you might remember this picture! It is one of the funniest pictures I have of any of my kiddos. The bed-head mullet is the best! The point is, though, this pic was taken almost a full year ago when we tried to potty train. Between then and now, we had some medical concerns that we needed to get checked out. I didn't share them because I didn't know how it would end up and wanted to protect her privacy. We found out this week, however, that she is good to go!!

I have talked about potty training to a few friends recently and all of them have said the same thing. "Don't say that...you are what you say!" So in that spirit...I'd like to share a few of my "thoughts" on potty training:

*Potty training is one of the biggest rewards of being a mom.
*I am, by far, the best potty training mom....EVER!!!


*Potty training is a breeze. It never stresses me out.


*I love thinking about liquid intake and outake every hour of the day!


*Moms like Mary, who have tiny little ones who potty train themselves, truly miss out on special bonding time with their children :)


*I am not jealous of said mothers, at all!


*I truly love that 2 of my children didn't potty train until right before pre-school started!


*I am the BEST potty training mom, ever! Wait...did I say that already? I must really believe that one!





In all seriousness, I am thrilled with the report that we got from the dr. this week and am just happy she is able to potty train!! We are almost there!! Hoping she's more independent about it before we leave. Although, I'm quite sure my parents are the best potty training grandparents...EVER!!!

8 comments:

Stacy said...

You crack me up!
I'm so glad you got a good report from the Dr.
And thank you so much for all the encouraging emails. You don't know how much I appreciate that. It's so different than I thought it would be. I am different than I thought I'd be. Long story. We can talk in 6 months when the jet lag has left us. : )
I love you guys!!
I am praying for your trip to China. I can't wait to be the one to watch it all play out.
Talk to you soon.

Linda said...

Yes, I am CERTAINLY the best potty training grandma EVER! It will be so much FUN to get to do something I haven't done in 32 years!!!!

Kelly said...

Sounds like a PERFECT time to leave for China and provide your parents with the ultimate pleasure of potty training, After all, no one should hog all that fun for themselves!!!!

So glad the report was good!! What a blessing!!!

Kelly

Carlen Ensley said...

Just speak it over her until it becomes the truth! Potty training was difficult for me (I am clearly not the best potty training mom), but my advice is: Everyone will have advice, don't listen to it all, go with the flow and try not to get too stressed out. That was my problem, I wanted it to happen RIGHT NOW and it didn't and my controlling side flipped out on me.

Kat Shank said...

Wish I had some good advice but since the only thing I've 'trained' are dogs (although I was successful at all of them which was surprising with one) I don't think it would help all that much. But you're likely on the right track with the fluid intake part, that's how it worked with my dogs and how I helped all my students (former dog trainer). Good luck!

And SO looking forward to your new adventures in China! This has been a wonderful blog for me, I've enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. Thank you for sharing. :)

Unknown said...

grandparents can do anything...she'll be completely trained when you get back. My girl was semi-trained when we got her in Feb., but we have regressed, which I hear is normal. I have not done this potty training thing in a while...lol

TanyaLea said...

Jen ~ you are too cute. You seriously CRACK ME UP!! :) I could relate to this post all too well! With Khloe's SN of bladder exstrophy, this is something we have struggled with, and still are, at age 3 and 1/2. But like you, I need to speak life into the situation, so if you don't mind, I might just print this off where I can read it during our potty "bonding time" with Khloe!! ;) LOL!

And on another note: Can't wait to see sweet Gracie Joy in your arms! Yeah!! Will you get to see Di while in China? How cool would that be!?!

Praying for you on 'both' of your journeys! (potty training and China!) ;)

God bless! <><
~Tanya

Jennifer said...

Yay!!!!! So happy Wesleigh got a good report!! And love your positive spin on potty training. Maybe I can strive to feel the same way one day..;)
Love the mullet picture...she's cute no matter what her hair is doing!!

Powered by Blogger.