Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Can I Really Leave Her?

DSC_5471

I appologize for the lack of pictures lately. It is so hot and humid that it takes forever for my camera to de-fog when we go out. It has also been raining every, single day!!!

I am struggling a little with our decision to not take Wesleigh to China. I think it stems from the fact that Cade has decided to stay, and that it's right around the corner. It is stressing me a bit to leave them all. I am not the mom who can't leave her kids. I have always been willing to leave them with sitters or family. But...I have never left them for anything close to 2 weeks!

Lately, Wesleigh has gone through an explosion of her vocabulary! She is such a hoot right now!! Richard says she sounds exactly like me...and I don't doubt it. You can't always understand every word she says, but she comes up with some stuff. Some of my favorites are:
"I pwomise!"
"Just one more minute" (while her hand is up in the "stop" position)
"You stay here"
She calls me "jennifer" at times
They go on and on...

She keeps us laughing all day. I am just sad to be without her for 2 weeks, and I know she is going to miss me just as bad as I'll miss her.

But...She's 3. And she's so busy! The thought of being in China with two 3 year olds who are both trying to adjust is alot. I am also looking forward to having that time to focus completely on Gracie. I think she's going to grieve pretty hard. Regardless...she doesn't have a US passport, so it's impossible to change my mind right now...so please don't tell me I should!!! :)

Don't forget, the Missie Moosie show starts this morning!!!! They have so many adorable items for fall in their "reflections" line!! (I can't believe it's already time to buy fall clothes!!!) Click HERE to see the collection and be able to order. Remember...Use the code JENN10 to save 10% on your order (good for 3 days)!!!!! The site opens at 8:00 CST!!

8 comments:

Shannon said...

I wish I had great words of wisdom, but I don't. I'll definitelly be praying for you and for the whole family during this time of travel and transition.

Paige said...

I love Wesleigh's outfit!! Too precious!
I'd be stressed too with leaving my others at home, just keep in mind it is only 2 weeks of the rest of your life(that's the trick I use and it works sometimes haha).
Are you going to be updating your blog while you travel??? I sure hope so, I don't think I can stand waiting for pics!!!

quilt'n-mama said...

I am a friend of Diana heading to Hunan too. Your post hit home with me, I am traveling without my family this time to bring home our daughter, I have never left my kids for more than a few nights, let alone 2 weeks! Said a prayer for you as you prepare to to go. Maybe I will get to meet you in Hunan if you leave the 11th. That is when I am heading out.
Blessings to you...

Anonymous said...

Yes - what a difficult decision but I think you've made a well thought-out decision. I'm sure you are already doing this, but as long as she knows what is going to happen and you skype everyday, and having all her brothers with her will help. Also, get her very excited about having a sister!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

I know it will be hard to leave all the kids but just focus on how important it will be to have that alone time with Gracie. I think those two weeks will wind up givng back to you in positive ways in the long run.

Not only will it be great for your bonding with Gracie, but it will give Wesleigh a chance to grow a little too.

And I agree that her outfit in that photo is just adorable!

KK

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

I can't wait to follow your journey!!! I don't have any wisdom either~ I am a mom that can't leave her kids so they go with me everywhere. :) I do know Wesleigh will be great and you are right about having 2 3 years old there~ A LOT!!! Go and focus on Gracie and it will all be fine!!! XO

Gale said...

You made the right decision...Gracie deserves 100% of your focus, and Wesleigh will do much better than anyone could predict!

Leggings and tunic are cute!!

katrina said...

I think you made the right decision. It would be hard on her with so much travel and you are correct it should all be about Gracie while in China.

Powered by Blogger.