Saturday, July 14, 2007

Tah Dahh!!!

OK, so it's the moment you've all been waiting for: The unveiling of the inventions!! It's just so exciting! First up is Cade. He is going into 1st grade this year, and this was his first time to go to camp invention. He had a blast, mainly because he got to socialize with people other than his brothers for a week! I asked him what the name of his invention was and he said, "The Boat". So here it is: The Boat


Don't you love that proud smile!
So, next is Braden. Braden is going to 3rd grade, and this was his second time to go to camp invention. He doesn't enjoy it as much as the others (he would rather be at baseball camp), but that's ok. It doesn't have to be his "thing", but I am just glad that he actually used his brain this week. His invention is yet un-named, and he acts uninterrested, but I will tell you that he keeps asking me for different batteries to try to get the motor to run.


Finally, there's Bryce. Bryce goes to the 6th grade this year (Yikes!), and this was his forth year for camp invention. Bryce LOVES this! He thinks all year of ideas to make a "working" invention in the summer. This year he made the "Crackler 3000". He says that if you hook the wires up to a battery, the speaker will crackle. Isn't that exciting! If it excites him, it excites me. Here he is:

Camp Invention is a nation wide program. It encourages kids to use their brains, and think about things a little differently. If you have the opportunity, I would definitely recommend sending your kids. (The Mommy time this week wasn't too bad either!)
Oh, in case you're wondering, Braden's answer to what bugs him was "his brothers", but Bryce put "mosquitos". That's about right.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Camp Invention looks like so much fun. My youngest would love it (once he got there :) We do have mosquitos here, but I don't think it's as bad as where you are.

Steffie B. said...

Wow.....look at those boys! Those inventions were great!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I dont' know you but I was trying to find a video of MY son from Camp Invention & found this site. I have a son named Bryce that is going into 6th grade this year (2008) and he does Camp Invention. Just thought it was a real coincidence. We live near Houston Texas. My son loves it too!

Powered by Blogger.