Monday, July 30, 2007

Braden's Week

Well, our week in Birmingham didn't exactly go as planned. In part because Braden had started coughing alot over the weekend and running fever. (He actually started during baseball camp, but I just thought it was no big deal). I really thought it was a fever virus and sinus drip, but just in case, I thought we should bring him to the doctor. The verdict: pneumonia!! The doctor said that if his fever was any higher, we would have been going to the hospital! Are you kidding me?! He ended up being really sick the whole week. He had no energy or appetite, and really only wanted to lay in bed. That would have been fine except for the fact that King Cade was there too, and you'd have to drug him to get him to stay still. Richard was working, so the answer was to go to the pool and let Cade swim while Braden laid on a chair in the shade. This is a picture of him one evening while Richard was swimming with Cade.

He actually fell asleep like this. It's pretty pitiful. Makes me so impressed with myself as a mother! I was in survival mode. I never really noticed how high energy Cade is until he was compared to a child who didn't want to do anything. I also try not to be cooped up in a hotel room with them for any length of time either.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Aaww, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope he's getting better. Good thing you took him to the doctor!
Who are you trying to kid? You're a GREAT mom!! (like most moms, you just have a lot going on)

Thanks for your comment/compliment on my blog. I use a Canon Powershot S3IS, nothing too fancy, but I like it! I'm a very recent convert from using a film camera, if you can believe that? I just started digital a few months ago and love it!! I'm a little behind the times! :)

Dawn said...

Oh your poor baby! I have to admit I have told one of my boys when he hurt his finger, to try to just "suck it up" for a baseball game, and then the coach says, "I think he should see a doctor", and Yep, it was a fracture. I felt awful. Lori's right, we all just have so much going on, and we hope we're doing the best we can.

Space camp sounds like a blast. I tagged you for a meme if you're up to it.

redmaryjanes said...

Oh, that poor sick boy! It's tough when one of your children is sick.

Powered by Blogger.