Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Can They Really Be Related?


Every parent with multiple children know how different each child can be. I have the perfect example of this phenomenon in my house. I have always known it, but with Braden growing his hair long, it has become even more obvious. Bryce is the oldest, he walked early, talked early, was born with a head full of hair. He is sensitive, smart, introverted, naive, and has always entertained himself. In fact, alot of the time he would rather be by himself. When Braden was born, he looked nothing like Bryce. He was an inch shorter and half a pound heavier, so he looked chubby. Bryce looks like my side of the family (especially my brother). Braden is the spitting image of Richard. Braden walked late, didn't talk until we put him in speech when he was two, didn't have a hair on his head until he was two. He is happy, smart, mischievious, a snuggle bug, always wants to be with friends, and makes friends with everyone. He is a genius in math. Bryce likes science. Braden lives to play sports. Bryce could take it or leave it. Braden is about to go to baseball camp. Bryce is going to space camp. Braden wants to play tackle football this fall. Bryce thinks anyone who goes out there knowing they will be hit, is crazy.

Now Cade, he's a different breed all to himself, but I see parts of both Bryce and Braden in him. He's kind of the "missing link" if you will. He kind of ties Bryce and Braden together, both physically and personality wise.

They do share a few qualities however, they are both polite, kind, caring, smart, funny and loving. I love all these boys and wouldn't change a thing about them. I love how different they are, and just pray that I can parent them in a way that all of their individual strengths are realized.

They are so much fun!

By the way, I am having a great week! I have accomplished so much. We start school here on Aug. 13th. (about 4 weeks away!!!) I went today and got all their school uniforms and school supplies! I am so proud of myself. I was the only one on the school supply isle! Whoo Hoo!! The boys are having a blast, as well. I will post pictures of their "inventions" at the end of the week. You won't want to miss that!

5 comments:

Beckyb said...

All I can say is AMEN sister!!!! I can totally relate with three boys - each so different and yet each so special!! We are blessed!

redmaryjanes said...

Your two oldest sound just like my two oldest-right down to the longer hair!

Dawn said...

Ditto "red mary janes", sounds like my guys too. My middle is very different from the oldest and youngest. Oldest and youngest tend to be the most similar. We are all very lucky!

The family of six said...

That's weird, your boys sound JUST like mine in the same order. The chubby cheeked second son who can take it or leave it and loves to cuddle and the third son who is a combo of both. Is it a birth order thing I wonder?

Life With All Boys said...

I do believe it's a birth order thing. There have been books written on it. Only I can't think of any off the top of my head. But you can check your local Christian book store.

Powered by Blogger.