Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Persistence

photo
Braden has had a lesson in attitude and perserverence. I'm so proud to say that he passed with flying colors! Braden is a clone of his daddy. His loves are hunting and baseball. This year, the two of them spent hours and hours in the woods with one goal...for Braden to shoot a buck. He has gotten one before, but of course, we start over each season! On many of these trips, there were other friends who went with them. Either Cade, Bryce, or friends from school. Time after time...trip after trip, he watched the other boys shoot as he sat in the woods seeing nothing. Each time, Braden was genuinely happy for the other boys and kept such a sweet attitude... all the way through the last day of hunting. He never got his buck this year, but he's ok with that. He has focused on the opportunities he has had this season. He shot his first duck, goose, and squirrel!! (He even ate the squirrel. That is much more impressive if you knew how picky he is!!) NO...I did not eat the squirrel! You have to draw the line somewhere. Mine is evidently somewhere before squirrel!!!

Each trip, he would come home ready to love on his mama and spend some time with his favorite princess ;)
DSC_0509

I'm so proud of you, Braden! You are growing into an awesome young man! I can't wait to see what God has in store for you!! I know it's something great!!

6 comments:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

What a wonderful son! Pretty awesome that he shot a squirrel... sure have a lot around our house and one we think is in the attic. :( LOVE the photo of your two babies!!! Precious!

Lori said...

That's awesome, what a great lesson to learn at a young age. Way to go Braden, what a great attitude (and heart) you have!
I'm with ya on the squirrel thing too....not even close to that line. :D

snekcip said...

A little cute squirrel too!! Oh noooo! Wait on second thought...we have some pretty BOLD, cute squirrels here at my job!! I was coming in from lunch one day...running in from the rain w/my bag of HOT fries and a burger! The "bottom of my bag" fell out and fries spilled everywhere! Wouldnt you know it...TWO...NOT ONE...but two squirrels scurried out of nowhere...gathered up my fries and headed up the nearest tree! How's that for disrespect! If I would have a gun....probably would picked them both off!! Well....on second thought....they probably did me a favor...didnt need that old fattening food anyway! *sigh*

Good job Braden...maybe it was one of their "distant cousin" that you ate! Ewwwwwww

Came back to add: My verification word was LEDNED! Wonder if that squirrel you "put the lead to" was named Ned!! Too funny!!!!!!!!!!

3 Peanuts said...

Jen,

This is a great post. I never pondered the lessons one can learn from hunting. What a great young man you have raised. It is very mature of him to be happy for his friends.

And yes, I am with ya on the squirrel!

Donna said...

Braden is such a wonderful young man...we love him so much!! He truly has a heart full of love for others. I know Dawson still wishes he was at SSJH. I so agree with you Jennifer, God has great plans for Braden. All of your children are really good kids. You and Richard are very blessed!

DiJo said...

Jen,
You guys are doing such and awesome job raising amazing young men!!!!

Well, shooting a "buck" is something, Braden could definitely do here one day!!!

I am very thankful, you did not have to share in the squirrel!

Hugs,
Di

Powered by Blogger.