Friday, April 16, 2010

Real Life

DSC_4543



I love this picture. Wesleigh has definitely given me something fun to take pictures of!

I have been exhausted lately! I feel like the honeymoon is over, and that I'm crashing from about a 6 month high. All the excitement from the referral, travel, getting home and meeting everyone for the first time is pretty much over and real life is setting in. Miss W is a blast. We have enjoyed her more than we could imagine, but I'm also more exhausted and my house is more disgusting than I ever imagined. Maybe one day soon I'll get it together...maybe.

We are scheduled to take our first family pictures as a family of 6 next weekend. I am SO excited about it! A girl that my brother graduated with is a photographer in Houston (one of the best I've seen). She is amazing!! She is coming into town for the weekend and agreed to do our photos. I can't wait!! I am super stressed about everyone's clothes and have actually lost sleep over it! I want them to be perfect. I can't wait to share them with you!
Have a great weekend. We don't have a tournament this weekend, but they are playing a few games. It is perfect baseball weather!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the photo! Miss Wesleigh's hair is really starting to grow! Can't wait to see the family photos.

Marcy said...

Jennifer,
I love this picture!! But I have to ask, and it know it sounds rather crazy, but what kind of grass is that? I know y'all live either on or by a golf course. It looks almost like putting green! I know, I know...I notice the craziest things.

Anonymous said...

How could your peeps not look perfect? The roughed up knees, grass stains, sweat, and loving eyes are always right on!!

Kim said...

OMW... I LOVE this photo.
I just want to reach in teh photo and pick her up and give her kisses..
Have a great weekend..
You will have amazing photos my friend.. can't wait to see them

Everyday Mom Designs said...

OMG! How exciting! I would so stress about the pics too... we're trying to do bluebonnet pics this week sometime and it's for only Leala... I could only imagine a pic of 6.. lol. Good luck! She's beautiful!

Courtney said...

Have a great weekend. I can't wait to see your new family photos!

Leah Mei said...

What I am waiting for is to see the final outfit selection(s) for Miss W.

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

The outfits will be perfect no matter what they are. We will all be looking at the beautiful faces, not the clothes anyway! :) I know all about those outstretched arms Weleigh is holding up. That was pretty much EK for a very long time. I hold her a lot now too even though she is 5. I love it and wouldn't change a thing. I can't wait to see your pics and blessings to you. Get some rest and enjoy each day... they go by way too fast.

Lindy said...

Sorry to hear you are so exhausted. I hope you will do something relaxing for yourself... a pedicure or a massage, perhaps. Can your mother or one of your friends help with laundry or make a meal? Adopting a child is like having a newborn... very tiring but worth it.

snekcip said...

I too stressed over clothing when we took our photos w/the grandkids a few weeks ago! However, managing 2 active and crawling-9mos old, 1-17mo old who wanted no part of sitting down and a 6yr old with goofy smiles..the clothes were the least of my worries!!! LOL!!! The pics came out nice, even though one of the 9mo old babies had several snapped shops in tears and the other photo w/a blank stare! The kid just shut down on all of us! That however, was one of my favorite shots...it was just so HIM!!!!! LOL!!! You'll be fine!!! Your kids are older and a little more "practiced"...excuse me for a moment while I check on our photographer, last I checked, she was still in a catatonic state!!!

Powered by Blogger.