Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bummer!

Yesterday was Braden's 5th grade field trip. Since he will be in jr. high next year, this was probably the last field trip I will be included on. I originally thought I wouldn't go because I felt I shouldn't leave Wesleigh for that long. I then rethought because I knew it would mean alot to Braden if I was there. I'll admit, too, the thought of having a day without a precious 2 yr. old on my hip was a little exciting! (So sad when a 5th grade field trip is a break!!)
So the day began...my mom stayed with Wesleigh and I also kept Cade home to be here as well (I know...bad). She has never been without one of the 5 of us, so I didn't want her to freak out. We loaded the 3 charter buses to drive about 1 1/2 hrs. to Avery Island. This is where Tabasco is produced. I had never been and was really looking forward to it.
We got about 15 minutes away and the bus I was on broke down!! We were able to put the kids on the other 2 buses but they wouldn't let the parents (only 15 of us) get on because they wouldn't allow 3 to a seat! We were NOT happy!
We were on the side of the road for an hour before another bus came to get us. We missed the factory tour that showed how the tabasco is made, and left late to make sure we hit the 5:00 traffic on the way in! We were supposed to be home at 4:30 but didn't make it until 6:00.
This might go down as the worst field trip ever!
Here's a picture of some of the parents waiting.
DSC_4767
The island really is beautiful. I would like to have really seen it ;)
DSC_4772
Here's my sweetie. I was glad he got to go ahead without me, but know that he was probably worried about me being left behind. That's the kind of kid he is.
DSC_4781
The good news is that Wesleigh did great. She was very excited to see me when I got home, and seems to be just fine. She's still sleeping this morning, so I'm enjoying a little quiet to myself!
P.S. Thank you all for your sweet comments about our portraits! I should be getting the CD with many more, so I can't wait to see/share the rest!

4 comments:

Kim said...

OMW... sorry to hear about the bus breaking down..but glad you got to have some Mommy and Son time..and sooo glad Wesleigh did soooo well..
Hugs..
Have a great day..

The 5 Bickies said...

ugh...what a drag! I would have been so disappointed. I am going on the 3rd grade field trip with my son tomorrow. I will be praying our bus doesn't break down!

Everyday Mom Designs said...

It's good that you're taking time for yourself (even if it is going on a field trip with the 5th graders!).. Both you and her need to know how to be without each other... I know it's different with the adoption and stuff, but it's good to have both of you adjust... We barely got our first babysitter for Leala on our anniversary this month (she's 2 and has never been left with anyone else until the 17th of this month!!)... She did great though..

Anyway, getting off on something else.. haha. I'm glad she did great and I'm sure you both were able to re-charge a little. :) I'm sorry about the field trip not working out well..

snekcip said...

As much as my husband LOVES TABASCO, he would have stashed himself inside the cargo area and made himself a STOW AWAY on the "kids bus"! LOL!!! So glad you made it home okay! Wesleigh did fine, just as I thought she would!

Powered by Blogger.