Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas Day


Yes, Santa came... even with a mom who had very little Christmas spirit this year. I was able to enjoy the holiday on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and it ended up being a good day.
Santa left some gifts for Wesleigh. I don't think he's used to leaving girl toys at our house! He left a pink baseball glove, soccer ball, legos and an LSU sweatshirt! Hmmm....maybe he'll be better at that next year ;)


Cade was so excited about his Ip0d touch.



Cade appreciated the pink glove. The boys thought it was really cute.


Santa wrote Cade a note back. He was so excited!


Bryce got some kind of crazy air soft gun. He loves those things.


Mom and Dad got Braden these work boots. They're just like the boots Richard wears around and he LOVED them. I actually bought 4 pair to make sure I had the right size. He and Richard left that evening for Kansas to hunt, and I knew he'd want to wear them. It's a good thing I did because it was the last pair that fit!

Cade told me right before he opened his gift, "I've been wanting to open this gift because you always give the best presents." So sweet, but alot of pressure! I think he was pleased. I have noticed this Christmas that Cade's love language must be gifts. He loves to give them and get them!
Me and my honey...sleepy face and all.

I got what I really hoped for...a "W" for my initial necklace. I didn't really tell Richard that I wanted it, but he came through!

Cade, teaching Richard how to pose for a "surprised" picture. Richard got new boots too!

Cade bought this for Richard with his own money at a school Santa shop. He was SO excited to give it to him.

This is the picture Cade drew for me. It is a picture of all of us, including Wesleigh. He pointed out that his arm is around Wesleigh. He even drew the dog. I want him to color it for me so I can frame it.


Santa brought Braden some new catcher's gear. It matches his team's uniform...he's going to look so cute! Notice he has the boots on too. (I don't think he's taken them off since he opened them.)

Cade...being himself.
I still have pictures of our family gathering Christmas afternoon. I'll get those soon. These posts are so hard to do because there are so many pictures.
I spent the day sitting on my sofa. It was wonderful! I started a digital scrapbook on our journey to Wesleigh. It is SO cute, and I'm so excited about it. I should have it ready to add our China trip pictures to, and be able to get it printed. I bought the Creative Mem0ries system quite a while ago, but never did anything with it. I'm excited about finally doing something with it.
Happy New Year!! I hope the new year brings me a quick TA. Honestly, I haven't thought much past our trip to China. I'm ready for the holidays to be over so I can get some good news!!!

7 comments:

Kim said...

LOVE all the photos..
Looks like a great time..
I have wanted to get the Creative memories from Tracy but I am afraid I won't be able to figure it out and I have no patients for that stuff..
you will have to let me know..
Hugs..
Love ya.
I sooo hope that TA comes quickly...

Rhonda said...

Awwwww, these are oh so cute! Happy New Year!

Ashton said...

Great pictures! Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! I can't wait to see sweet Wesleigh with you! I know the feeling of wanting someone home for Christmas after waiting so long (:

The Byrd's Nest said...

What a wonderful Christmas but this year's Christmas will even be more amazing! Still praying for your TA!!!!

redmaryjanes said...

Merry Christmas my sweet sweet friend. Your baby is on my mind and in my prayers. God Speed.

DiJo said...

So fun to see your GORGEOUS house!!!!! I am in love with the chair in the hearth room!!! Here we go girl!! It is almost TA week!!!

Hugs,
Diana

Football and Fried Rice said...

I love the picture that Cade drew of your family - I can see that hanging up - it is an heirloom in the making! The gifts look great - I love your initial for your necklace - guess Richard can take a hint without having to be told :) And your house is beautiful! You guys are adorable, even first thing in the morning!

Powered by Blogger.