Sunday, August 5, 2007

Good Friends, Good Times

The past week has been filled with lots and lots of friends. We started out with my good friend Rachel bringing her kids over to spend a couple of nights. Rachel and I have been best friends since high school. I intended to get a picture of the two of us, but you know how that goes. She has three kids the same ages as mine. Her oldest is a girl. Here's a picture of all the kids hanging out.

Then another friend came with 3 of her 5 boys! She wanted to see the house we're building, but I didn't feel comfortable with 9 children (8 boys 1 girl) running through the house. I just knew someone would get hurt. So we put a movie on in the car and let them sit there for a little while. I took this picture because it is just too funny. I assure you, we did not drive this way!!

That group left and so did Bryce. He is at church camp until Tuesday (which is his birthday!). I hope he's having a good time. They don't let them call home, but I know he's having a blast. Since I'm down a kid, thought I'd better add another. Cade's best friend John Ashley spent the last two nights with us. These boys have spent almost every waking hour outside. From swimming, to baseball, to trampoline, to building forts, to fishing. They have done everything. Here are a couple pictures of them:
They had a blast making their hair do crazy things

We have a 2 acre back yard. I went to look for the boys and found them just like this all the way in the back of the lot. They were building a fort.

Here's a close up. Aren't they cute?

I have fishing pictures, but they're on my mom's camera. (Can you believe I forgot mine?) I'll get those soon and post about that.

Well, it's time to start getting these kiddos ready for bed. Tonight we will start changing our bodies back to school time. School starts one week from tomorrow!!!! Yikes! No more leisure evenings, staying up however late we want, no more sleeping in. For those of you with younger kids, just know that it is SO nice when they get older and start sleeping late!!! Part of me is ready to get back to the grind - but not really.

5 comments:

Steffie B. said...

Love the picture with all them them loaded in the car....that is great!

redmaryjanes said...

It looks like we have the same exact car! You really don't have a lot of choices when you have a big family.
I think it's great that your home was filled with friends and children. That is the very best!

3 Peanuts said...

Schhol in a week YIKES! We still have 3 more off. I look forward to getting back to a routine:)

Kim

Nancy said...

Sounds like great fun!

About this sleeping in thing. Exactly when does this kick in? I have a 13, 10, and 6 1/2 year old and they are still up before 7am every day.

insanemommy said...

That is the biggest car I have ever seen! OMG. It's like a stretch limo. The boys and girl are all so cute. I love summertime and all the fun things you can do.

Powered by Blogger.