Friday, January 9, 2015

My Deep Thinker

Wesleigh has always been a deep thinker.  As she has gotten older, the questions about her past have grown with her.  I am of the belief that I need to answer all of her questions truthfully but not offer more information than she is ready to deal with.  This is what I always try to do.  It's pretty much an on-going conversation.

Yesterday in the car, Wesleigh said, "How did you know there were two little girls in China?  I mean, there must be lots of little girls in China.  How did you know which ones were yours?"  Of course, she has been told that God handpicked she and Gracie for our family.  I truly believe this.  It's just mind-boggling for me to wrap my brain around everything my girls went through before they came home!  They have amazing stories...I feel so blessed to play a part!

I saw this quote on facebook yesterday and just love it!
"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths.  These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern.  Beautiful people do not just happen." - Elisabeth kubler-ross

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are back blogging :) love this pic of your girls, absolute sweetness~

Powered by Blogger.