Monday, June 4, 2007

Our Astros Weekend



We made our annual trip to Houston this weekend to catch the Astros. My boys (all four) are big baseball fans and really love this trip. A couple of the players are very special to us. Russ Springer, who pitches for the Cardinals now, played ball with Richard at LSU (back in the day). Two years ago, when our house burned down, the boys lost everything. Richard called Russ and asked if my kids favorite players could send them something. They didn't just send "something", they sent each of the boys their glove! Each player has about five gloves in case they need them. Russ, Adam Everett, and Morgan Ensberg each sent a glove. It was a wonderful surprise for my boys at such a difficult time. That year, we were able to get each glove signed by them as well.

We had a great time, just our little family spending some quality time together. These are the memories I love making with my kids. I hope they remember them forever because I sure will.

If you notice, we had AWESOME seats! Thanks cousin David!!

This week my boys are at golf camp. Since this camp is right by Maw Maw and Paw Paw's, they are spending the week there. A whole week! What's a girl to do? Why, go to the beach, of course!!! Richard and I leave tomorrow for a few days of R&R. I can't wait! Don't worry, I won't be posting any swimsuit pictures when I get back. I wouldn't torture you like that!!

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Denise said...

I laugh when I see how similar our lives are...look for our visit to see the Baltimore Orioles in a few weeks!

So excited for you about being DTC. We get fingerprints on Saturday.

Denise

Powered by Blogger.