Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Brotherly Love

As the mom of three boys, I have often marveled at the fact that we don't spend half of our lives in the emergency room. We have been very blessed and have only had to have one head glued together - until today. We were swimming at a friend's house and Cade tripped on some wood and almost sliced part of his toe off! It was REALLY disgusting. I rushed him to the urgent care clinic, leaving the other two behind. He was soaking wet from swimming and I was wet from carrying him. He screamed and screamed, and was just plain mad. I think toes and fingers must hurt worse than almost anything. He was trying to be so brave, but it just really hurt. Anyway, he ended up having to get two shots to deaden it and then got four stitches. He hasn't seen it since then - I am fully expecting him to freak out. I was able to hold it together, but now that I'm not in crisis mode, I am quite queasy. It's funny how that happens. You do what you have to do, but lose it later.

When I went pick up the other two (Cade was with Richard), Braden went right out to the car because he thought Cade was in it. He was ready to offer him anything he could to make him feel better. He said he had tried to call me to check on him, but couldn't get the phone to work right. He kept asking if he was ok and said he feels real bad for him. Since we have been home, he has been waiting on Cade hand and foot. He wants to make sure he's not in need of anything. He even brought him a bowl of cereal. (That's pretty big for Braden)

Bryce was just as sweet. He was very upset because Richard had planned to take him and a friend to see Pirates of the Caribbean tonight. He has been looking forward to that for quite a while. All I had to do was explain what Cade had gone through, and his attitude totally changed. He said he felt really bad that Cade had to go through that. He even offered for Cade to sleep in his bed tonight because he is staying with a friend. That's big!

When we are at home on a regular day, my boys play with each other alot, but they also argue and fight like most siblings do. Although I hate to see one of my babies hurt, it was so sweet to see that when the chips are down, these boys have each other's backs. They are so stinking cute I could just squeeze them.

So, here they are just a minute ago. I will spare you a picture of the toe. Quite frankly, I don't think I could stomach to see it again today. Maybe when it looks a little better, I give you a peek! Tonight I'll leave you with a picture of two of my precious little boys, taking care of each other. It doesn't get any better than that.

2 comments:

Steffie B. said...

Oh my word....3 boys....you for sure need a girl! ;)

Denise said...

God uses these times to show us that we are doing something right...they really do love eachother!

You should have a LID soon...

Powered by Blogger.