Saturday, February 4, 2012

Our New Friends

We had a great day today getting to know our new friends, Rita (left) and Lily (right)! They are absolutely precious and I am so happy and blessed to have them in my life. I brought them to our house to meet everyone. Then we took them to our favorite Chinese restaurant. We have plans to visit an Asian market and cook our own Chinese food! Well...they will cook and I will do whatever they tell me to :) Gracie and Wesleigh were so excited!!

Feb 2012-4488

Rita and Lily waited over 3 months to be matched with me. I never even knew this program existed until I was contacted. If you live in my area, please consider taking part in this great program. In fact, I am sure this program is available at other universities also. It is called the International Hospitality Foundation and the email at LSU is ihf@lsu.edu.

I am quite certain you will be seeing much more of Lily and Rita!!

11 comments:

John G. said...

I'm going to see if they have that in my state. We would love it! The local Universtity does have a great program called China Care. They have adopted Chinese/Asian children come once a month to learn about the culture. It is great to connect with other families and the students.

Love following your blog. Don't post much.

Thanks for sharing.
Caroline, John and Hannah Grace

Paige said...

Oh how I would love to do this!! I'm going to check it out. They are just beautiful girls and I'm sure will be great for Wesleigh and Gracie!

DiJo said...

This is going to be one special friendship!!!! So excited for all of you to be one extended family!!!!! Now you just need to get Sam to LA!! :)

Love ya,
Diana

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

What a wonderful experience for all of you!!! They are precious and so are you. Blessings and love! XO

Stacy said...

Can I sign up?
; )


How fun!!
Love you!!

3 Peanuts said...

Oh that is so neat. I am going to see if we have it here. Our next door neighbor is hosting a CHinese exchange student soon and I am excited to meet him or her too.

The girls look adorable--ALL of them!!

Miss you.

K

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

fantastic!

lea
xo

snekcip said...

Ohhh this looks like a wonderful beginning to a beautiful friendship between the girls and the beautiful young ladies!!

Jennifer said...

That's so cool! What an experience...for everybody!!

Lee and Sarah VanGrunsven said...

What a neat program!

Dawn said...

I love this!! Your particular program is not here in WA, but I am going to do a little more research at our local Community College!

Powered by Blogger.