Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Look What We Did!!

Feb 2012-4870lightbright sweetness

Yep!  Those are brand new, sparkly earrings in those ears!  For a few months now, Gracie has been talking about earrings.  She noticed Wesleigh's all the time and did not like the fact that Wesleigh and I had earrings and she didn't.  I wanted to wait a while since she is older and more aware of what's going on than Wesleigh was.  She is also super strong (and loud!) so I needed her to be somewhat on board so we weren't fighting her.

Saturday ended up being the big day.  Braden and Cade were supposed to be playing baseball, but the weather had different plans.  It poured down all day.  I decided this would be the perfect time.  There aren't too many times that Richard is available to go with us to the mall :)  It was so nice to have his help.  He even held her while they did it.  She was not happy and screamed bloody murder, but before long was admiring her sparkly earrings.  Now, she is so proud and says "I big gurl...earwings"

Here are a couple more pics of Miss Gracie.  She just made 6 months home!  I cannot believe it's only been 6 months since we were in China!  It seems like such a distant memory.  She is amazing and anyone who meets her cannot believe she has only been here for 6 months!  It is crazy how much she's learned in such a short amount of time.
Feb 2012-4911sweetness Feb 2012-4921sweetness

8 comments:

Ani said...

So cute! Our 2 year old loves her earrings and she is the first one to remind me when I forget mine in the mornings!

Kelly said...

I have been toying with the idea of earrings... Hmmmmm.... this got me thinking:) Kate was just a couple months older than Wesley when we brought her home. Maybe if we did it now she would soon forget:)

Gracie is simply precious! She is just blossoming!!! I love it!

Leah Mei said...

She is such a beauty and looks so proud of her earrings. She has also grown so much. Is she 4 already?
Daisy

Paige said...

She is so precious! I love her earrings, funny you all did this, I just asked Madeline if she wanted her ears pierced. She did not even look up at me , just said, " no, never" and went on about her business haha!

Shannon said...

Too cute!! I thought I heard a kid screaming on Saturday. :)

DiJo said...

I am going to have to keep Sienna away from this post.. Her mean parents are making her wait!!! Gracie looks beautiful with her new sparkly bling!!! Love her and miss her tons!!! And you too my friend!

Love,
Di

Unknown said...

love her earrings.

Jennifer said...

ahhh, so cute! I can't believe it's already been 6 months either! Happy 6 months Gracie girl!

Powered by Blogger.