Monday, December 20, 2010

Throw Me Somethin' Mister!

Last weekend was very busy for us. I don't know how it is in other parts of the country, but down here, they have parades for everything! We were involved with 2 parades this weekend. Our parades aren't just floats going down the streets either...everyone throws beads, candy, toys, etc to the folks on the side of the road. It's alot of fun and the kids love it.

The first parade was one in the community we live in. Bryce's marching band marched in it and played as they went. We met up with a few friends and watched it together. This was Wesleigh's first experience with a parade. She loved it and loved that they were throwing her pretty necklaces.

DSC_9302

DSC_9308b

DSC_9295

DSC_9324

DSC_9328

The second parade was a little different situation. We actually all rode in a float with my brother. It was in the community where he serves as councilman. It was freezing cold and windy so Wesleigh and I rode inside the truck throwing out the windo while the boys threw things to the bystanders from the back. This is the first time I've done this and I have one thing to say...people are CRAZY!!! They were so unbelievably aggressive and if you didn't throw them what they wanted, they wouldn't bother to pick up what you threw. I am just not like that, so it was a whole new experience for me. There were also grown men grabbing things away from the kids that were there...really?!? What in the world are those men going to do with those trinkets? I actually forgot my camera, so these are a few pics I stole from my mom.



Lined up, ready to go. We almost missed the whole thing. We were running late and I had to sweet talk the policeman into letting us through.
5


Yes, these were the beads everyone was screaming for. They each chose a child toward the end to give them to.
7


My nephew, Rylan. He kept handing candy to Wesleigh through the window of the truck while my mom yelled at him to stop hanging out of the back (from the front seat, no less) :-) It was pretty funny. My brother had it under control. We didn't lose any children.
3

2


Wesleigh, right before the craziness.
155058_1624624868361_1618693788_1366430_859964_n

3 comments:

Linda said...

Okay, guilty as charged! So glad we didn't lose any kids!

snekcip said...

I'm like your mom...I WORRY way too much at these parades. I took Bree a couple of weeks ago along w/my 3yr old niece and I have to say, I had a PLUMP stress headache by the end of the night! The candy that they toss out just creates utter havoc and kids, adults, usually dart out and almost get beheaded trying to get a piece of candy or those darn necklaces! I did notice they had "walkers" beside most of the floats, however, they could not contain the crowd from darting out for that blasted candy!

There was one float rolling by the participants on board threw the candy so hard that it pummeled my little niece and she was in tears! When the necklace throwing started you had folks diving, belly flopping, scrapping their knuckles *trying to scoop up the loot* on the concrete roadside etc. Heck, one man did an impressive HOME RUN SLIDE to get his hand on those KOOZIE that a local radio station was tossing out! Seriously people it's a cheap Koozie for crying out loud!! The local dollar general has 'em for a buck!!! Are you K-RAZY?! It was truly unbelievable!! I think we are gonna forego the parades in the future! If not, I'll be either in the looney bin the ER or in Jail!!! *gotta protect my baby from the PARADE PARANHAS!!! Sheesh!!!!!!

Kim said...

LOVE the photos..
Sounds like you are busy ... but you are always busy..
Love your Christmas card.. and love the Thank you note..
Thank you for loving my Mother's blanket..
Have a great week.
Hugz..

Powered by Blogger.