Sunday, September 5, 2010

Are You Ready for Some Football?

Not quite sure if I am!! Our boys have never been big football players so we've never spent alot of time watching youth football. To be honest, I'm not a huge football fan. I know what a quarterback, center and receiver are but that's about it! When I go to the LSU games, I'm honestly more interrested in people watching than the game ;)
Of course, I love watching and cheering on my boys, whatever they play. When it comes to football, though, just don't expect me to know what position it was they were playing!!!
I have a feeling I will have more than my share of football this season. Bryce is in the high school marching band, so we'll be at the high school games (at least until halftime:) on Friday nights. It was alot of fun seeing them march. Bryce's eyes were as big as quarters trying to make sure he didn't run into someone! Really cute.

DSC_7200b

DSC_7199
Cade had his first football game Sat. morning. He has been nervous because it's his first time to play serious tackle football. He was very timid in their jamboree last week, but yesterday we saw the old "beast" starting to re-emerge. I can't wait to see how he plays next week. His goal is to earn a "snot knocker"! A snot knocker is a sticker they put on their helment when they make a great hit.
DSC_7270

DSC_7266
Braden has his first game on Tuesday. He hasn't played tackle football in a few years, but he seems to be enjoying it. He's so skinny that I'm worried he's going to break in half! I bought him a padded undershirt to give him a little more protection. I'll have pics of him Tues.

5 comments:

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

Not a football fan either! But, please don't tell anyone!

I am sure you will enjoy and get to know the game now!

Lea
xo

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Um...those are hands down the best band outfits I have ever seen! Do they get to wear the khakis every week? Looks great!

I'm loving that football season is here. Bummed that fall is here but football Saturdays make it much easier to handle the loss of summer.

Kim said...

LOVE me some football.. Nick played for 8 years.. and I missed it when he graduated.. Colton decided to go back to playing since he is bigger now..LOL..
So glad I can go and watch for one more year..
Have a great time.
Hugz..

Anonymous said...

You are on busy lady!!! And we didn't even get to see Miss W in her cheer suits, but I'm sure she has a purple and gold one as well as red and blue, right? I keep forgetting to ask you how Braden likes his new school....let me know. I hope my boy wins himself a snot-knocker award soon!!! Love to all of you. Lauren McG

Linda said...

I was so impressed with Bryce's band performance! He kept is formation well and managed to play the horn at the same time!! A feat. And for a non-football lover, I really did see Cade run some great plays!

Powered by Blogger.