Friday, May 25, 2012

Braden

Braden is my child that always seems to escape the camera. There are a few reasons for this. First, he is always sweaty and dirty, playing in ditches or baseball in the backyard. Also, if he had it his way, he would never have to button anything. It would be sports shorts and t-shirts 24-7. Add to that the fact that he really doesn't like to have his picture taken and you have my least photographed child :) We met a lifelong friend of mine the other day at a great place to take some pics and I made sure they were all clean and presentable before we left. That doesn't mean they were that way when we were done...but there's only so much I can do! I even got Braden a haircut before we left...he was my goal.

 So.. Here are a few shots of my middle boy. He is 13 and is in the middle of a growth spurt. He comes up to me and measures nose to nose everyday. It could be any day now that his nose moves above mine (I still have him by about a 1/2 inch, if that :)  We also weigh the same.  (Proof that muscle weighs more than fat!!)  That puts him at about 5ft. 5 1/2 inches. His limbs, however, are the size of Richards. His arm from elbow to fingertip is actually a tiny bit longer than Richards. Knee to floor, Braden is about 1 inch shorter than his dad. That essentially makes him a 13 yr. old boy with the body of a 5'6 girl (minus the boobs)  and the limbs of a 6 ft. man :) Don't you dare tell him I said that!! lol...

  May 2012-6310cwf

Look at those long limbs!! :)
May 2012-6305cwf

May 2012-6230cwf

May 2012-6229cwf

May 2012-6191cwf1968

May 2012-6143cwf

May 2012-

So that's my "B".  He finished school yesterday, and couldn't be happier about it!  We'll be baseball-ing it this weekend.  Maybe he'll hit one out of the park and I'll have something big to take pics of :)

9 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

Very nice photo shoot. My Tyler always seem to escape the photos too. These are wonderful.

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

A handsome man~ LOVE LOVE the one in front of the old truck~ classic!!! Have a great weekend! XO

snekcip said...

Oh goodness! How TALL and HANDSOME is he!!! These pictures are SOOOOOO awesome!! LOVE THE BACKDROP!! I love when you do CAMEO post of each of your kids! Your wit and charm just elevates it to a different level!! What a wonderful keepsake for both you and Braden!

Paige said...

Hey my vote is for him to try swimming, remember Michael Phelps super long limbs. You never know....:)Would it not be fun to travel with an Olympian??:)

Lori said...

Hey Jennifer!! Had to laugh at his wardrobe preference, sounds like two guys I know. lol
You have such handsome young men, these are great shots, tell Braden he cleans up well!:)
Have a great weekend,
Lori

Lindy D. said...

I'm with Sharon... the one in front of the car has such great composition. Also love the one at the gate, in which Braden just may be cracking a smile. He has really changed in the last six months. I can see that he is all limbs.

I've been wondering if you would have your family pictures done again by the woman who did them when Wesleigh was newly home from China. Those were some of the most beautiful family pictures I have every seen.

Kate said...

Ahhh...I saw one of these on your facebook and was hoping you would post more!!! Love them!!! That truck is one rusty ride after my own heart!!! :-) He's so handsome, man arms and woman's body (minus the boobs :-)) and all!!

Leggio said...

What a hansome boy!!!!! I know my boys will soon be teenagers too. :( I look forward to see the kind of men God wants them to be. Great Pics!!!! Are you coming to Texas anytime soon. :)

DiJo said...

Are you sure he shouldn't also be playing basketball!!! He does look tall!!!!! I love seeing your middle boy on your blog!!!! SO HANDSOME!!!!!!

This spot is so awesome!!!

Can't wait to see more!

Love,
Di

Powered by Blogger.