Monday, February 18, 2008

Look What I Found!

** For those of you who have asked, my friend who knows the owner is going to call her tomorrow. I am sure, if she has any left, that she will let me buy them. I will let you know if I get any more. I am more than happy to share!



I got to go to this business the other day and buy some items wholesale for our school's auction. This couple travels to China, Japan, etc. buying items to ship to the US and sell both wholesale and retail. I have shopped there many times, and love the things she has, but this time I found a true treasure. I didn't even realize what it was, but I picked up this cool wood container thinking I could fill it with something for the auction. When I was checking out, the woman said, "You know, that is an actual money box from China. They use it in the fields for their money, and that one has actually been used there." I thought I would start crying right there. I can't wait to use it in the nursery. She only had a few more, and I don't know when she will be open again, but I think I might try to go back and buy the rest of them.

16 comments:

Deanna said...

love it!!!

Kim said...

LOVE IT!!!!
Have a Great Week...

sheryl said...

Oh that is so special! A true treasure and beautiful too!

mommy24treasures said...

wow! ISn't it amazing how these treasures make us feel so close to our babies?

Glinda said...

Oh, my!

That is quite a wonderful find.

Would you be willing to part with the business name so that I may inquire as to her other worldly wares?

Perhaps she will get more later and I would most definitely love to have one.

Cyndi said...

That is a great find. I have a antique rice bucket from china which looks like the treasure you found but with a handle on it. Its really neat to find things like that.

Steffie B. said...

VERY COOL....I love it...I'd get more too. ;)

I'm hoping to post in a day or two...there is always so much to do after you have been gone from the compound! lol

have a great week...
hugs...
S*

OH MY #6 said...

what a find.

Lea

Carey said...

That is so cool! (Pardon my 80s use of cool, but it describes it!) I would love to have one myself if she has more.

Nancy said...

What a great find.

cougchick said...

Super cool. What a special treasure.

Mission To Macie said...

how cool! i love it!

redmaryjanes said...

Wow, how cool is that?
They carry their money in wooden boxes in the fields?

3 Peanuts said...

I love those--there is a store here that sells them too. The owner goes to china a few times a year and ships a bunch of stuff back.

Kim

Dawn said...

OOOH I love that too!! What a great find!!

insanemommy said...

That money box looks like it would hold a lot of money. Be prepared to fill it....

Powered by Blogger.