Sunday, February 24, 2008

I'm Hooked!



Well, I think I'm hooked! Two years ago when our house burned down, it took a huge collection of priceless scrapbooks down with it. I swore that I would never invest that much time or money in scrapbooking again.

Yesterday, I went to a Creative Memories class that showed their digital program. I am so excited I can't stand it! They have two different softwares that I bought yesterday. The first is to organize your photos, crop them, fix them, whatever. It can even "photoshop" your photos by taking people out or, my personal favorite, slim the old thighs!! It has a great way of organizing photos so you don't have a million files in "my pictures". It also has a space to caption each picture if you wanted to. That way you don't forget the cute things that happened or were said. I was VERY impressed, and it was only about $40. My current filing system is already a mess and I've only been using digital for about a year.

The second software is the Storybook Creator Plus. They offer a free version, but it is very similar to what you can do on Shutterfly. This software is only about $60 and it lets you do anything you can think of. It has a million fonts, tons of stickers and papers. You can put anything exactly where you want it. It is truly just like scrapbooking but without all the mess and time. When you have put together a book, you send it to the CM lab and they print it for you. A 12X12 book with about 100 pages costs about $150. If you've ever scrapbooked, you know that a homemade album costs much more than that if you actually added it all up. They also come out with new digital kits you can buy online that adds new papers, stickers, etc. Another huge advantage is that once you upload a book to CM it is stored on their server forever. So if anything were to happen to the books, all you have to do is reorder it.

Anyway, I know it sounds like I am selling the stuff (I'm not), but I am just so excited about it. I have already moved about 1/3 of my pictures to the new software and can't wait to be able to start the fun stuff. I have already hit Richard up for a laptop. I can so see this being a great thing while I'm waiting in carline or at baseball practice.

Just thought I'd share. Have a great day!!

14 comments:

Kim said...

HOW FUN!!!!
I have been trying to digital scrapbook.. but I can not seem to figure it out...
I wish I could..
Can't wait to see all of your creations..
Hugs to you girly..
Have a Great Week..

mommy24treasures said...

sounds great! I will have to check it out. I have been using Lumapix, but love exploring other things as well.

Annette said...

Sounds awesome! I too have been trying to digital scrapbook, but am very limited..can't seem to get those layers! I use photoshop and I guess it's not the easiest to learn on. I may have to try CM out. It sounds so simple, can't wait to see your creations and if it really is as simple as they made it sound. Thanks for the tip!

insanemommy said...

Great. Now I'm going to have to jump on the band wagon. Your girls are really showing me up when it comes to this digital scrapbooking stuff. You are my idol!!

OH MY #6 said...

That is very cool. I had didn't know Creative Memories have this now. It has been years since I have been to a party.

You MUST have that laptop!

LEa

Amie said...

you had me at "thin the old thighs."

What a great Idea!!!

Thanks for the tip. ;)

:)
Amie

AdoptedAsHisOwn said...

OK, I'm sold!! I want to know more about the digital organizing software?? Also, does it include layout templates or is it just organizing and sorting?

redmaryjanes said...

Wow, I am a big creative memories fan,but haven't seen their digital scrapbooking products. It sounds great.

Little Rylan Cooper said...

The new software sounds perfect. No real commitment with time or mess, do it as you go!! And the bound books look so professional

Little Rylan Cooper said...

The new software sounds perfect. No real commitment with time or mess, do it as you go!! And the bound books look so professional

Denise said...

OK, I am ready to buy it too!

3 Peanuts said...

You'll be so hooked! It is fun. I cannot wait to see your pages:)

Kim

Lori said...

That's awesome! I look forward to seeing your pages!

cougchick said...

looks like fun. I like that everything is stored on their server.

Powered by Blogger.