Saturday, September 15, 2007

First Dove Hunt

Labor Day weekend, Richard wanted to go to the camp and let the boys try to shoot some dove. Yeah, well, that's what he says anyway. We all know that he's the boy that wants to shoot the dove!! Of course, the boys were happy to oblige. It was actually alot of fun. You don't have to be quiet or still, so it suited me just fine. I sat in the buggy and watched them have a blast. My parents came with us, so this is some of the group just hanging out.

Here are a couple of them waiting for the birds to fly.

All the hunters. Richard's cousin and his son were there too.

It is alot of fun to see the boys having so much fun.

We decided to skip playing basketball this year because Richard wants to be able to bring the boys hunting more this year, which they will LOVE. I reminded them today that we weren't going to be playing, and Bryce said, "Oh, good!". I asked why, and he said, "Because I stink!". It was pretty funny. And to be honest, very true! Last year, they all played on different teams and it caused us to have either a game or practice every night of the week, and some on Sat. It was exhausting. Football just started, and I am already so looking forward to our non-basketball season!!

7 comments:

Lori said...

Yea! for non-basketball season!! :D
Very fun pictures of the guys! You're such an adventurous (sp) and fun mom always going with the "guys"! Sometimes I have to "force" myself to do some of those "guy" things, but you're a great example to me and I appreciate the call higher! Thanks!
Way to go Mom!

cougchick said...

looks like fun. my Hubs and son#1 put up their tree stand today. Deer season soon!

Dawn said...

Wow, you are a great sport to go with the boys hunting. I do alot of those "guy" things with my boys too, so I don't always feel left out. I love all the boys in their "camo" gear!

mommy24treasures said...

I think you are going to love having some pink camo around your house.
You are a good mom to go along. It would not be my thing, I am a girlie girl.

redmaryjanes said...

Tyler our 11 year old just started his hunter's safety classes. We're a hunting family too.

Deanna said...

How fun to see!! The closest we've come to any of that lately is Hayden carrying around the Leatherman Darren gave him, you would've thought he was given a block of gold!!

insanemommy said...

This is the cutest thing I've seen in a long while!!

Powered by Blogger.