Wednesday, November 10, 2010

9 Months Home!

DSC_8692



Yep...that about sums up the Christmas card shoot! The boys were so sweet and willing to do whatever I asked, but Wesleigh was overdue for a nap and was not being very agreeable. I'm afraid I'm going to have to break it to the boys that they have to get dressed and do it again. They are not going to be happy about it! Wesleigh wasn't the only problem, I didn't have the lighting right, so the pictures were dark too. Oh well, live and learn.



I realized that I really haven't given a decent update in a while, so thought I'd do that. Wesleigh has been home for 9 months now!! It feels like she's always been here, and also feels like we just got home yesterday. She is amazing. She is so full of personality and keeps us laughing all the time. Most of the time she is super sweet and very agreeable. She has, however, started to show a little bit of a 2 year old attitude lately. She dropped on the floor and started kicking her feet in a full out tantrum while we were in Tennessee. I couldn't help but laugh at her. Thankfully, she's not a professional fit thrower, so it just came off as silly :-) Hopefully, she has realized that throwing fits doesn't really become her. LOL...

She is talking more and more. She has a big vocabulary but doesn't really pronounce most words correctly. She leaves off the first and/or last sounds of a word. Braden did the same thing when he was her age, so I'm not too worried about it. I've been working with her a little bit and we'll seek out help when she gets a little older if we need to. She is starting to put more and more words together and can have quite the conversation. She is the most polite thing ever! Everytime anyone sneezes she says, "beh". That would be "bless you". She had also gotten in the habbit of saying "huh?" alot. Now she says, "huh?...mam?" (of course "mam" sounds like "ma") Don't forget that we live in the south! Yes mam/No mam is a requirement. Anytime you give her anything or do anything for her, she says, "dane doo" in the sweetest little voice.

She now really goes after the boys. Of course, they have taught her this. Bryce actually put a video on facebook that he and Cade made one day when they were watching Wesleigh for me. She was a "ninja" and they were having her beat them up with a nerf sword. I guess that will teach me for wanting a minutes' peace! I might load it here. It's funny to me (as a mom of 3 boys) but not everyone might appreciate it ;) lol...

This past week, Richard has been out of town. For whatever reason, Wesleigh has picked this time to start waking up in the night. You might remember that Richard and the boys are the only ones that have any success getting her to lay back down after she wakes up. I don't really worry about it. I'm just glad that Richard is the one that has to get up this time!! That's all fine and dandy unless he's out of town!!! The first night, she and I went round and round until I finally put her in bed with me. This didn't even work so she ended up crying it out in her own bed. We were up for hours that night. The second night, after an hour of her crying and me going in there every 5-10 minutes, I decided I only had one option....go get a boy!! Poor Cade was the one I chose and I woke him up at 3:00 am to help me. Poor baby. He was so sweet and I swear it took him all of 5 seconds to walk in there and get her to lay down quietly. She never made another peep all night! The third night I was a little smarter. I only waited 30 minutes and then went for Cade. Again, 5 seconds later, he got to finish the night in my bed. Thankfully, she has slept better the last couple of nights!

OK...I know you're bored reading all of this. I am just trying to get it down so I don't forget it. I'll post more in a day or two. Have a great week!

6 comments:

waiting4lexi@gmail.com said...

Wow, that whole paragraph with the speach and the nerf swords was like reading about Miss Lexi. She also leaves off the beginning or the ending (mostly the ending) of words!! She says Bah so fast when anyone sneezes that there is never anyone who beats her in saying bless you! And she may be tiny...and a total girly girl who never leaves home without her purse, but she can kick some booty with her brothers nerf swords! Oh goodness I think we might need to get these 2 together!

Shannon Sauceman said...

Jennifer, I don't think anyone ever gets bored reading your posts. I just cracked up about you having to wake up Cade and it only took him 5 seconds to get her to lay down. Your boys sound like the sweetest boys on the planet!! So glad she started sleeping better again. Hang in there!

snekcip said...

Bored! Are you serious?!! I love reading about Ms Wesleigh!! She is just precious as ever! I know what you mean about the yes m'am, Bree even tells her dad yes m'am! Oh well, we'll get it down later, she is on the right track!

Let's talk ATTITUDE!!! It seems we have had the SAME problem here in our household...only thing is Bree is 3!!! She can have some "tude" when she wants to, she can go from stubborn as a mule to a gentle little kitten in seconds, and the BEST ALL AROUND hugger ever!! However, the nighttime bed ritual is becoming a NIGHTMARE!! She insist on at least 5-10 books as oppose to the 3 we normally read, she has countless excuses (need to potty, whining because the dog is staring at her, etc) even OLD scars that suddenly has begun to HURT again and the list goes on and on!! Can you "CLONE" CADE and send him to TEXAS!!!

Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

She is getting so big!!! Does not even look like the same little girl.

Would love to see that video. We have a video of Ava after being home 6 months of one of my boys stabbing her with a nerf sword and she fell straight back and laid flat to pretend she was dead! ha Only a mother of many boys could understand. Look under my videos on FB and you will find it.

Tonight my oldest (15) had some numchucks (nerf) and said lets fight. Ava looked at him and said "but I dont have a weapon"! ha

Happy 9 months!!! She is a doll.

Mei Mei s and Mayhem said...

I meant to say plastic sword!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Happy Nine Momths home!! That color green was MEANT for Wesleigh!!

Powered by Blogger.