Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Oh, The Joy!


Nothing quite beats the joy I get from pushing my way through a Wal-mart filled with way too many panicked people on a Wed. morning. The only thing that would be worse, would be waiting a couple more days and having to fight with 10X more crazy people. Everybody is out in force collecting this:


Hurricane supplies.

Of course, there's the obligatory water and batteries. I got a few snacks and Capr*s S*ns for the kids. Toilet paper - not because it's a hurricane supply, I just needed some. The real emergency supplies in this whole collection are the c*kes, milk d*ds, ore*s, and tortill* chips! I'm good - bring it on!!

And since we're talking about emergency supplies, I thought I'd show you the latest teacher gift I sent up to school:



Is that not the cutest? I found it at World Market. The package says:
For immediate relief of: chocolate cravings, lovesickness, exam pressure, mild anxiety, and extreme hunger
Directions for use: Tear open the wrapper, break off desired dosage and consume. Alternatively massage into affected area. Repeat dosage as required until finished. If symptoms persist consult your local confectioner.

The teachers got a big kick out of it.

12 comments:

Mission To Macie said...

well crap........you just made me nervous!

i am beginning to have post traumatic katrina stress.......LOL

Lord, Make it go away!

love,
Jill :)

Adele said...

I had to laugh when I saw this picture because those groceries look EXACTLY like the items I bought yesterday. Well, except for the LSU Tiger water. LOL.
By the way, where did you get your bar stools. I LOVE them!!
People are panicking around here too. Petal Walmart was CRAZY today. It was all the talk at gym class today too.
Enjoy those oreos.
Love,
Adele

Unknown said...

Be careful. I can not imagine what Walmart was like!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

That is the cutest box of chocolate I have ever seen!!

I hope you don't need to dig into those emergency supplies.

I can't stand Wal.mart on a normal let alone during the onset of a hurricane!

Lisa

Kim said...

YUMMY!!!!
Looks like you have everything you need...
Love the chocolate..
Have a Great Week..

OH MY #6 said...

that is too funny! stay safe my friend. Please drop by my BLOG for some fun!

Lea
xo

fleur de lis cottage said...

You're well stocked and prepared. Love the emergency chocolate.

Denise said...

I will be praying for it to leave you alone!

Love the chocolate bars, I need to look for those~

Keisha said...

I'm glad you are prepared! I don't think you are every "ready" for something like this!
We will be praying for you guys!!!!!!!
ps..the chocolate is too Cute!!

Carey said...

Ok, I'm sitting here smiling cuz Milk Duds are necessary hurricane food! LOL Hang in there. Praying it misses you!

Sheri said...

This is the greatest!! Thanks for sharing this with us. I'm going to head over there and get some, too.

3 Peanuts said...

I sure need some of that!

Powered by Blogger.