Saturday, August 30, 2008

Cajun Pre-Hurricane Party

So what do a bunch of cajuns do when there's a cat 4 hurricane brewing in the gulf? Why, go to Tiger Stadium, of course!!! LSU moved the game from 4:00 this afternoon to 10:00 this morning. Reason being, all the evacuees moving through the city. Talk about a traffic nightmare! Richard and I brought our three and two extras to the game today. Can I tell you: IT WAS HOT!!! Almost 95 degrees. We left after the half-time show because we were winning and IT WAS HOT!!! We are busy now moving plants into the garage, taking down gas lanterns, etc., etc., etc.... The boys are cleaning their "quarters" upstairs so we are ready for company. If our electricity stays on (please, Lord), we'll have a house full. We'll be as ready as we can, but to say people are nervous is a huge understatement. Here are a few pictures from the morning. Just be glad they're not scratch-n-sniff :)




We had two different sets of tickets. I took these three cuties.

And here's Richard with Bryce and Braden. We were all on the 40 yd. line and they were right above us. Made it nice, because the cell phones were all jammed up. We wouldn't have been able to get out of there early if we couldn't have seen each other! Did I tell you: IT WAS HOT!!!

The Tiger band in the shape of a fleur-dis-lis. I am a fleur-dis-lis freak, so I loved it. One day, I do a post on how many fleur-dis-lis' I have in this house!

Hope you're having a great weekend. Keep us in your prayers!

9 comments:

Kim said...

Looks like you had a Great Morning before the BIG STORM..
You are in my thoughts and prayers..
Stay safe..
Hugs girly..
Keep us updated...

Sherri said...

I hope your home will be protected. It sure looks like it was a beautiful day, even if it was hot.

I can't believe there is another storm heading that way. I'm praying.

Sherri

Denise said...

We were watching the game on Tv and Jeff said, "I bet your friend Jennifer is there." Praying for you all~

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Looks like a fun, but HOT morning!!

Hope you all are safe and do not lose electricity!

I would love to hear how many Fleur di lis you have.....I have quite a few in our home, but something tells me you have more!!!

Be safe!

Lisa

Denise C said...

Just wanted to tell you that I am lifting your family in prayer as you prepare for this hurricane. Bless your hearts!
SO glad you had a good time at the game....we watched part of it on TV while switching back to the UVA game too!
I hope you have a good weekend without any damage and that you keep electricity!
Take care!
Denise C

Stephanie said...

I'm saying a prayer for you all! Glad you had a good time and break from all the preparing at the game. Keep us updated..good luck!!!

Adele said...

I had to laugh about you saying how hot it was today. Ron and Mallory went to the USM game tonight with some friends and he kept texting me telling me it was SO HOT. I can't even fathom the possibility of not having power next week.
Glad you had a great time at the game. I bet traffic was a zoo. I was in Hattiesburg tonight and every single car that passed me was from Louisiana.
Take care. Praying for you guys as well.

OH MY #6 said...

U R already there!

Lea
xo

Football and Fried Rice said...

What a weekend!!!

Powered by Blogger.