Monday, December 23, 2013

Gingerbread Lane

I think we may have started a new tradition this year.  I know I'm posting way too many pics, but I just can't help it.  We decided we should have a gingerbread competition...and everyone brought their "A" game :)

I took the advice of a facebook friend and used hotglue to put the houses together.  It made things SO much easier!!  We were able to focus on just the decorating and not trying to get those dang houses to stay together :)

I love how serious everyone is in all these pics.  




Gracie and Wesleigh did alot of this!

Wesleigh and I worked together on our house.


 Of course, we weren't all business!!





Bryce's finished product.


The back of Bryce's featured a gingerbread man who fell off the roof putting up his Christmas lights :)

Gracie's house

Alexandra's house

Mine and Wesleigh's house


Karleigh couldn't come earlier in the day, so she and Braden did their houses that evening.  


Karleigh's house

Braden's house (his mama helped a bit :)

So...which house is the winner??  I love them all!!

We had so much fun, I already can't wait till next year!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome! where did you get such huge houses? and those pre-made piping tubes? merry christmas!!!

Maureen said...

Oh what fun!! Merry Christmas to you and your gorgeous family. Thanks for all the encouragement you have given me over the past year. Enjoy your holiday!!

3 Peanuts said...

Well you definitely had the right idea cause our gingerbread experience was a hot mess. Looks like a fun day and I am going to have to call you for advice next year!!!!

Merry Christmas!!!

Melissa said...

Love, love, love this idea! I stumbled upon your blog from Jenny at Beyond our Wildest Dreams and have loved reading about your family. We have three boys and I would love to adopt someday as well. Seeing all of the fun activities and memories you make with your older boys makes me look forward to the teenage years with mine. Merry Christmas!

Paige said...

that is so fun!!! I think you and Wesleigh win with those candles in the windows! But then again Gracie's touch is all over hers too so maybe a tie! Merry Christmas my sweet friend!!

Anonymous said...

Love it!! I think they all win!

Leggio said...

How fun!!!! We are doing ours tonight!!! Merry Christmas friend!!!! Hug the girls for me.

likeschocolate said...

Perfect! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Jennifer said...

I just love that you all did this, I may still this idea for our family next year. Merry Christmas to you all!

Powered by Blogger.