Thursday, November 7, 2013

My Babies are Growing Up!

It's becoming real...my baby boys are not babies anymore :(

 I am so torn around here feeling happy that the girls are getting older and moving farther from the "baby" stage, but being sad that my boys are also growing up and soon will be leaving the nest. One thing I can say, for sure, I love my boys. I have had so much fun being their mom!

Tomorrow is Bryce's senior pep rally and his last football game. Saturday is his last marching competition... The last time we will see him march with his high school band. I'm not a big cryer, but I'm feeling it tonight.  Braden and I were texting, and he made the comment that I will be down 2 kids before I know it. It just slapped me in the face. I don't want to be down two kids!! I don't want to be down 1 kid! :(

 Obviously, I know this is something that is going to happen, whether I'm ready or not. That's what we want as moms, right? We want our children to be able to leave the nest as confident, capable, productive humans!

It's going to be a long year!! (at least I hope it is!!!)

I want to share this picture of Braden and his girlfriend. He looks so grown up and handsome here! (and batgirl is adorable too!)  SO cute!!

 

4 comments:

Leggio said...

Too Cute!!!!! Girl I want to cry for you. Not ready for my boys to get big. Ethan is going to be 12 and I am freaking out. :0 It goes by fast!!!! Love from Texas your way

Paige said...

Oh I sooooooo get it girl!!!! I promise life goes on and you begin to love your new normal too,it is tough to let some of these years go though sigh....

Lindy D. said...

Cute picture! In all the years I've followed your blog, I have never seen Braden smile like that!

likeschocolate said...

I am also not ready for that! I am so grateful my 14 year old doesn't have a girlfriend yet! THey look cute together though!

Powered by Blogger.