Monday, October 15, 2007

What I Love About Blogging

I am fairly new to the whole blogging thing. I don't know how to do alot of fancy things, I can't even figure out how to add a picture to my profile! What I do know is that having this blog and reading all of yours has become a great part of my day. Here's why:

* I did not even know about blogs until a couple in our church traveled to China to pick up their little girl. I found out about the blog, and became addicted to theirs as they were in China. I literally couldn't wait to check the blog when I woke up in the morning. We had known for a while that we should adopt from China "one day". Following this family on their journey had alot to do with us deciding to make a move.

* When we decided to move forward with the adoption, I decided that I wanted to have a blog of my own. Not just for China, but to be able to document things that the boys were doing, cute things they had said, things that were happening in our world. Since the fire when I lost all of those scrapbooks and decided not to work on the books anymore, I was missing that creative way to showcase pictures and journal about life. Blogging has given me a way to do all of that, and is much quicker than scrapbooks! I find that I capture much more of the smaller things in life that would otherwise be forgotten the next day. What a blessing it will be to be able to look back and truly get a glimpse of what life was like day to day.

* Blogging gives me a way to let out of town family and friends keep up with our lives.

* Speaking of friends! Wow! Blogging has led me to this whole community out there of other mothers who have walked or are walking the same path I am on. I have "met" so many other mothers who are an inspiration to me. I am able to see so many adorable "Chinababies" who remind me daily why I am on this long road. It is comforting to see others going through the same struggles as I am, both with children already home and while waiting for those still to come. Sharing experiences with all of you is a blessing in my life, and reading your comments throughout the day always makes me smile.

So, the house is a little messier, and I am think my posture is lacking from all the time at the computer, but my spirit is uplifted and strong! Thanks for sharing a little bit of your life with me!

15 comments:

Deb said...

Blogging is great fun for me too.....we too did not even know what a blog was until right before our first trip to China nearly 3 years ago. The blog was only going to be for our trip and it has been like the energizer bunny....going on and on and on.... :) Our out of town family and friends have demanded that keep it going! It has been much more fun to interact with other adoptive parents throughout this wait.....makes it all a little more bearable! It is always fun to stop by to see your sweet family Jennifer!

mommy24treasures said...

I love comig over to see what your guys and you have been up to! I get great ideas from so many others and it is an encouragement many times to read others praise reports and it is fullfilling to try and help someone if they blog about a situation that needs chaning with prayer and encouragement. If you ever want to put a pic on your profile tell me and I will help!

Kim said...

I am right there with you...
It is amazing the women you meet... They know what we are going through...
There are some neg. fibes out there ..but I am not letting it get to me..
I too watched a family go to China.. and that is what the turning point for us with our adoption to China...
I can not wait to hold Isabella in my arms...
I just hope all my children are still at home when we travel...
My oldest is a Junior..But who knows...
I think things will pick up..
Stop by and see my little project... the boys might like to make one..
Have a WONDERFUL Evening.
Kim

Christy said...

I am right there with you. Blogging takes a bit of time out of my day but it is also an amazing outlet to share our lives with others-- support others-- and make some really good cyber friends. I too came to blogging a little late in the game but it has been such an amazing experience and I look forward to looking at all my blogland friends blogs on a nightly basis.

Thanks for sharing your lives with us!!

Christy :)

Denise said...

Ditto!

Glinda said...

I love that blogging allows us to connect with people we otherwise would never know existed, all of whom are going through the same growing pains while we wait
(im)patiently.

Glad you're here ;)

LaLa said...

I know what you mean. It is so nice this "sisterhood" we all have with one another. I did a website for our trip to China and was requested to keep it up by family and friends. Love reading your blog and seeing your beautiful family.

Dawn said...

You said it all! I have loved every minute of this blogging adventure and more to come

redmaryjanes said...

Thank you for sharing with us. You are a part of this sisterhood now. We all need each other.

insanemommy said...

I agree with you. This blogging thing is addictive. I love all the great women I have met her. It's so comforting to know that there is a safe place to go when I'm totally crazy nutty.... Love you hot mommy.

Anonymous said...

Isn't Bloggityville a fabulous place!

Meredith

Amie said...

Funny thing..blogs. In real life our paths may have never crossed.... yet here I find myself checking in every couple of days to see what the boys are up to, to find out how the house is coming, to find a smile, or to take away a nugget of good advice to use in my everyday mommy life. Cool stuff. Thanks for allowing me to follow along!

:)
Amie

polkadot said...

Be careful, it's addictive!!

Lori said...

Nice post Jennifer! I know what you mean about the meeting others and making "friends", it's a blessing. :)

3 Peanuts said...

AWW... I love blogging too and it does intorduce you to some wonderful people. I am glad that it has brought you into my life:)

Kim

Powered by Blogger.