Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Suitcases galore

Friday we leave for a week in Colorado! We are very excited. We will get to see my brother and his family in Denver, and then get to ski in Breckenridge. We are also going to catch a AAA baseball game in Colorado Springs. (Richard has a friend who plays on the team.) All of this is great, but the packing is about to kill me! At this point, I don't care if I ever see another suitcase again. We don't usually travel north, so packing the winter clothes and ski stuff is definitely a different game than the beach. It is about 80 degrees here - flip flops and shorts. I can't believe we're going to the snow! Anyway, the kids are so excited because they have never seen snow (unless you count the flurry a couple of years ago). It will be nice to be away from home with my family.

I have spent this week trying to tie some loose ends up with the adoption process. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and I am getting very anxious! While I am gone, my Doctor is re-doing my physical forms (Yes, we messed up the first ones). I also should receive my notarized copies of my home study! Let's pray that we also receive Richard's birth certificate! He had the mis-fortune of being born in Louisiana, and I have the mis-fortune of needing his birth certificate in the wake of Hurricane Katrina.

Oh well, I should get back to packing. I just had to come to the computer and check on all the blogs I am following of families in China getting their daughters. It's so exciting! Just think, only about 20 months to go!!! Lord, help us!!

I'll have plenty to post after our trip. Have a Happy Easter!!

1 comment:

Beckyb said...

Wow - we have a lot in common - three boys and little girls from China - how fun!! I bookmarked your blog and will be back!!!

Powered by Blogger.