Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Retirement and 40th Anniversary!

My dad is about to retire this week! He is super excited, and my mom is super nervous ;) We threw them a party today to celebrate his retirement and also celebrate my parent's 40th anniversary! It was so much fun. We got to see so many friends and family, and most of them got to meet Miss W for the first time.
My parents are a great example of a Godly marriage. I am blessed that they are mine.

DSC_5772

One of my oldest and dearest friends, Heidi. Heidi and I met each other in the 6th grade. She just had her 4th boy, Nathan about 3 months ago. This is the first time we got to meet each other's little ones. Wesleigh was amazed by the baby. She didn't quite know what to think of him.

DSC_5775

Wesleigh and my niece, Auden. They are exactly 1 year apart in age. This is the first time they really enjoyed playing together. Their favorite game was switching their cups back and forth. Oh well, whatever works ;)

DSC_5807

They both seem to have great taste and love the bling. My Aunt Donna wore these fabulous shoes and the girls couldn't get enough. They sat at her feet for the longest time!

DSC_5809

The girls also hung out at the present table. The boys were there for the first 5 minutes and then moved on...not the girls, bring on the presents!!

DSC_5800

My parents, me, my brother, Joel and sister-in-law, Jennifer.
(Richard was at a ball tournament with Braden.)

DSC_5811

7 comments:

Kim said...

Looks like you had a great party..
Happy Anniversary and Retirement to your parents..
love the photos.
have a great Father's Day..
Hugs..

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos of a blessed family. Thanks for sharing. So funny that bling can excite the girls! Lauren McG

Lindy said...

Congratulations to your parents!! What a beautiful cake to celebrate such a happy occasion.

Wesleigh and Auden are so cute together. I love how Wesleigh is holding her hand even while checking out your aunt's shoes!

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

what a beautiful family you have! And, you looked stunning. Love your hair and outfit. You mom looked fantastic too!

Lea
xo

fleur de lis cottage said...

What a wonderful celebration. Congrats to your Mom and Dad!

3 Peanuts said...

You look so pretty Jen! Congrats to your Mom and Dad. I can tell they are amazing people by the wonderful person they raised as their daughter AND by their incredibly loving comments they left while y'all were in China!!!

I hope your Dad feels excited by the new chapter in his life and that they have another 40 years of blessed marriage.

P.S. You look like your Mom so much!!!!

3 Peanuts said...

P.S. You DO look REALLY skinny too!!!!! Good skinny...not bad skinny.

Powered by Blogger.