Friday, June 13, 2008

Braden..."the take charge kind of guy"


The boys have been at "camp invention" all week. It a great camp that is centered around science and imagination - two things that I would say are not Braden's strengths. This is more up Bryce's alley, but I want them all to go because I know it's good for them. Braden enjoys it well enough because he likes seeing his friends and he's so easy going. He is missing camp today because he was invited to spend the night with a friend for his birthday and I didn't want him to have to miss that. I was surprised yesterday when they asked Braden to memorize a paragraph to share with all the parents this afternoon, but didn't think much of it. He wasn't able to do it because he wouldn't be there. This morning, one of his good friends' moms stopped me and said that her son was very nervous about Braden not being at camp today. I asked her why and she said that Evan said, "Braden is that take charge kind of guy." He truly didn't know what he was going to do without Braden there. His mom told him that he needed to be prepared to pick up the slack and "take charge".

I know Braden is "take charge" out on the baseball field, but that is where he thrives. I am so thrilled to know that he has the same leader's heart in areas where he might not be "the best". I am so thankful for that quiet, shy, cuddly, stubborn, sweet, freckle faced little boy that God has given to me.

5 comments:

OH MY #6 said...

what a knock out he is!

Lea

Linda said...

I'm thankful for him too! He's adorable!

Kim said...

He is tooo cute..
Great Post..
Have a Great Weekend..

Football and Fried Rice said...

Braden is so handsome!! Isn't it awesome when they are willing to "step it up" in areas where they may not be "the best"? I love witnessing that character development..

Denise said...

I have loved hearing about all of your boys!

Powered by Blogger.