Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Cade's Debut

As I am sure you've guessed, we're still baseball'n it around here. I just received Bryce's game schedule to add to the, already packed, calendar I already have. What do you do? Oh well, I love it. I just can't wait till school's out!! 4 more weeks!! I can't wait!

Here are a few pictures of Cade during their first tournament. They won one game and lost 3. They were tough. Richard actually got thrown out of his first game. He was a good sport about it, but Cade was on the mound at the time. He was so mad that the ump had thrown his dad out that he turned into a pitching machine! He had this grimace on his face, and I think the other team (who were winning 14-0) were really scared of him. He was proud of himself.

Here's the coach, on the outside of the fence.



And here is Cade pitching. Of course, my camera was in the car when he was pitching with such force. I made Bryce go run and get it, but I was too late. These are from the next day when he was brought in to get the last out. He did a great job, and was feeling really great. Then they went out to shake hands with the other team, and he completely tripped over the pitcher's mound! It was hysterical. God's way of keeping him from getting the "big head", I guess.



It's our spring break over here, this week. It has been great! We went to the beach for a few days, and I've just been around the house trying to catch up on some things (laundry, vacuuming, Walm*rt, etc.) Braden has been in Kansas with a friend turkey hunting. This is the longest we've ever been separated from one of our kids. Used to be that any time you took one of the three out of the pack, things would be so peaceful. It never really mattered which one you took. Well, things have changed. Evidently, Braden is the peacemaker around here because Bryce and Cade have fought the whole time. They have already gotten in big trouble and I have a feeling it's not over yet!

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

fleur de lis cottage said...

Way to go Cade...you pitching machine!

Kim said...

Great Job Cade...
And Dad looks like he did what he needed to do..
Glad you posted..
Have missed you.
Have a great week..
as for the boys.. they will do that forever.. Brotherly LOVE..
Hugs..

Stephanie said...

Love dad on the outside of the fence..that's a cool pic! David hasn't gotten kicked out yet but I'm sure his day will come :)

What's up with that comment..odd!!!! Love your reply though :)

Hope you enjoy the rest of your spring break!

day by day said...

Great job, Cade!!!

Keisha said...

Great pics!!

Adele said...

I loved this post. You are so funny, Jennifer. You crack me up! Too funny about Richard getting thrown out of the game. I can tell there is never a dull moment at your house. You are such a good Mom.
I hope Braden has a good time turkey hunting. I know you miss him but you will be so glad to see him when he returns.
I read that comment the other day and wondered about why someone would post that on your blog. Apparently they are a coward if they can't even sign their name to the post. Loved your response though.
Love you,
Adele

Football and Fried Rice said...

Way to go, Cade! I have been wondering what you have been up to lately! Baseball season explains it all! You must have some serious material to use against your hubby, getting thrown out of the game..haha - We are that way with football, the refs not calling penalties & stuff. I can see ME getting thrown out :)

Little Rylan Cooper said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Powered by Blogger.