Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Monclova, Mexico

We are just rolling in from our "quick" trip to Mexico. It was absolutely amazing. There are so many stories and SO many pictures (over 300) I don't even know where to start. So I thought I'd start with a few of the faces who touched all of our hearts this past weekend. There will be plenty more pictures and some awesome stories to go along with them to come!

This is Isaac and Luis. Luis is 14 and pretty much kept to himself, but LOVED having Bryce there. This is the first time they have seen American children, so I think it was a great experience for all the kids...American and Mexican alike.


This precious little girl was brought to the orphanage while we were there. The police found her wandering on the streets of the city barefoot, dirty and hungry. When we left, she still hadn't said anything so I don't know what her name is. We are guessing she is between 2 and 3 years old. It was truly heartbreaking.



This is Chewy (sp?). He is 7 years old and as cute as he can be. He has a brother named Alfredo who I attached myself to. They were so sweet and so happy we were there.



Here is Isaac again. He has two of the biggest dimples you have ever seen.


This is Chewy's little brother Alfredo (5 yrs. old). We are sitting in my suburban after church Sunday (a whole post in itself). I held him through most of the service, even when I thought my back would break. There was no way I was putting him down. (Nothing like a little Mexican boy to show you how "white" you really are :)


One of the sweet little girls here at the orphanage. I can't remember her name because it took me the whole trip to learn it. I'm going to have to think about it for a while. There were lots of tween/teenage aged girls. They were all so sweet. The language barrier was tough for all of us though. We just wanted to talk to each other.



Last but not least, Flora. Flora is 1 month old and is smaller than my boys were when they were born. She is absolutely beautiful. Richard's partner and his wife might actually get to adopt her. Some amazing things happened while we were there, and we don't know for sure if it can happen, but wouldn't that be amazing?!


I'm going to start working on some more posts. There is so much to share, but I wanted to give you a sneak peak at some of the amazing children we spent the weekend with.

8 comments:

Adele said...

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME! I am so glad you are back. I can't wait to see more pics and hear more about your trip. I have been on several mission trips and you truly do fall in love with the people that you are ministering to. They just touch your hearts in such a special way. Those children are precious! That little girl that was found wandering the streets just tugged on my heartstrings. I bet you wanted to bring her home. I know the people there were so blessed to be loved on by you all.

redmaryjanes said...

I am having a tough time posting.
I just want to say I am in awe and I want to see every photo. I am sure that you all are forever changed by this amazing experience.

Stephanie said...

I am heartbroken over the little girl that was found walking barefoot on the streets! How absolutely horrible!!!! I would just want to take everyone of those children home..I'm sure you felt the same way. That little Flora..she's adorable..how awesome if she was able to be adopted!!!! I can't wait to hear more about your trip..it sounds absolutely life changing!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

It looks like you had an amazing trip....these pictures just melt my heart!! I can't wait to hear all about your time in Mexico and see more of these precious children!!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, the girl reminded me of our daughters. Heartbreaking. Heartbreaking!

Kim said...

AMAZING..
This is a lifetime experiance..
Hugs..
Can't wait for the other posts..
the kids are sooo cute..
Have a great week..

Christy said...

I had no idea the trip to mexico was a missions trip. How amazing and how cool!! The pics of the kids just half break my heart and half make me want to smile. They are just such fighters and are so content with nothing. Truely inspirational!!

Cant wait to see the other pics.

Christy :)

The Byrd's Nest said...

I love seeing God at work through His people. Jennifer, these faces have reinforced my call into the mission field. What sweet little faces.

Powered by Blogger.