Thursday, October 16, 2008

They Always Prove You Wrong

As soon as I wrote that Braden didn't read unless I was making him, he proves me wrong. He is onto a series by Dan Gutman about different major league players. This book is "Jackie & Me". He loves them. When I took this picture, I had been calling them for dinner inside the house, but Braden never came. I went outside and this is what I found. He's on the balcony outside his room. Makes this teacher/mom's heart flutter!
Nothing much going on, except the usual. School, homework, football, repeat. I brought my camera to the games this past weekend, but didn't really get any great shots so I won't bore you with those. I'll try again this weekend.
We are FINALLY supposed to get some great fall weather here this weekend. I had to clean up the mess from a rotten pumpkin on the porch yesterday. It wasn't carved, it's just so hot that they go bad. We can't carve them until right before Halloween. I don't have the kids' costumes yet. You know, that procrastinator in me just keeps taking over.
I visited her blog yesterday. Do you know that she already has Christmas presents wrapped?!?! I can't even wrap my brain around that! I wish I was that type of person, but there's no fighting it...I'm not!!!
Hope you're all having a great week. I am ready for the weekend. I think we're going to try to hit the corn maize Sunday and take advantage of the cooler weather.

11 comments:

Amie said...

That picture is SOOOOOOO sweet! I know that had to make your heart smile BIG!!! just too cute!

:)
Amie

Somewhere In The Sun said...

That's such a cute picture! I finally found the key for my Jackson, who HATES to read. I found books that he really loves. Now he never fusses about reading his 20 min. a day and often reads longer. His latest book he is reading again! I am an avid reader but would hate it too if it was not an interesting book.

~Lynn

redmaryjanes said...

Tyler isn't an avid reader either. Every once in a while a series will catch his interest, but it's rare.
I still have no costume for Eli. He wants to be Batman and I can't find a good Batman costume. Oh well. I do have to start Christmas shopping soon so I don't bankrupt us in December. Oh well, what can you do :)

Kim said...

LOVE IT..
And isn't that the truth.. once you say they don't do it they do it.
Maybe we should say a bunch of things...lol..
Have fun at the maze..
we were having great temp..but now it is back up in the 90's.. have to turn a/c back on..
Have a Great Day..

Football and Fried Rice said...

I love the picture & I love that he was reading without being forced to!

I don't have Halloween costumes either; not have I ever THOUGHT about getting a Christmas present!!

Keisha said...

I know, that girl has it 2 GETHER!!

Oh TAG./... your IT!
;)
Go 2 my blog for details!

Christy said...

Cooler weather-- oh please send some our way-- it is still 90 degrees plus-- uggg!!!

How cute that Braden was reading. That is totally my kids. They never read and it scares me becuase I know they need to be readers for all the obvious reasons-- the problem is kevin and I are totally not big readers so we set a horrible example. Oh well, they need to listen to what we say-- not follow what we do - right??? LOL!! Anyway, cute pic and I cant begin to wrap my mind around the idea of having even one single christmas gift bought. I am total last minute!

Christy :)

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Little boys are always full of surprises!!

What a sweet picture!

Yes, I was on HER blog yesterday too...and almost died....I still need stuff for Halloween.....My middle name is procrastinator!!

Hope you get your fall weather and enjoy the corn maze!

Lisa

Denise C said...

Ok, Ok..I am feeling the love here girls!!! hee-hee!!! And just to ad some fuel to the fire...two more Christmas presents arrived today...and they will promptly be wrapped and ready! hee-hee!!! OH I just love Christmas...have I told you all that yet???
I love you all too!!!!
Signed..."HER"; you know the "Her blog" lady! hee-hee!!!

Mission To Macie said...

what corn maize are you going to?

Anonymous said...

I have one that hates to read too- that was the key to her reading woes- find something she loved- I think she read Winn Dixie every year and gave a book report on it :). I know it is a good feeling when you see them reading by their own choice. The only reason we have a costume is being right beside the Disney store and EK seeing what she wanted- as for Christmas presents- that makes me nervous!!! :)
Blessings,
Sharon

Powered by Blogger.