Tuesday, June 10, 2008

So, Is It Me?

It seems, lately, that I have been bringing out the worst in some people. I had the incident at the baseball game, and yesterday I had two more incidents. My kids are in daycamp this week, and when I picked them up I saw the mom of one of Bryce's friends in the neighborhood. I, very nicely, offered to bring her child with mine, or pick him up if she wanted. She looked at me like I was crazy and then said, "No, I think I've got it." OK, not that big of a deal, but still odd.

Later yesterday evening, Bryce and I were walking in the neighborhood with some friends and went to the lake to try to feed the ducks. The kids were throwing balls of bread into the water to try to get the ducks to come when this lady runs out of her house and yells, "Hey, are you throwing rocks at those ducks!?". The other mom and I just looked at her and both said, "It's bread." She said, "What?", and we answered her again while I held up the loaf of bread. All she said was, "Oh" and she stomped back inside. All she had to say was, "Oh, my bad, just making sure" or something like that, but she didn't.

Richard now says that he's not going to take the credit for upsetting people anymore. It is obviously me that is pulling the inner *itch from everyone! He supported his theory by the fact that the evil woman from the game Sunday was very pleasant to them last night since I wasn't there! Great.

11 comments:

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy said...

Well this is how I would take it...
IT IS NOT YOU.. those people have issues...
They need to get a life...
Have a Great Week..
Don't take it personally..
HUGS

Sherri said...

I agree with the post above. The people you encountered have issues. You never know what they are going through in their own lives that make them respond the way they do.....

As for the lady at the baseball game--who knows???? I would LOVE to sit next to 3 little boys. If there wasn't enough room, I'd put one of them on MY lap! haha

Maybe God is putting these people in your path for a reason. One day they'll think "Oh, that's the lady I screamed at about throwing bread to the ducks....and now she has a little Chinese girl....hmmmm"

You never know.

Hang in there. I've been there. And when someone is being rude/mean in front of or to your kids, it's a bad scene.

You weren't wrong.

Sherri

OH MY #6 said...

How RUDE! U poor thing! Send them my way! I look after them!

Lea
xo

Cyndi said...

Those people are just having a bad day and you happen to be there to get the hit. Don't worry about it. Here in blog land you put out great vibes.

Kimber said...

I am so sorry that people are being so grumpy to you! Maybe it is the heat?

So sorry.

Kim

Dawn said...

Oh yuck...just know it's not you :)

Carey said...

Hang in there...things like these always happen in 3's, right??? It's gotta get better!

And I agree, it's just their issues. Like the mom who you so nicely offered to...maybe somebody right before you suggested she couldn't handle things. Or maybe day after day the duck lady sees boys throwing rocks at ducks and she just couldn't take it anymore???

Denise said...

Knowing you, I know it is not you! When I encounter people like that, I feel sorry for them, because obviously they are not happy. Then I pray for them...hard to do, but it helps me move on~

sara said...

Again; seriously!?!?! People are not even right sometimes....I always try to give them the benefit of the doubt; maybe they just lost someone, or their job, etc....it helps sometimes!

Christy said...

DONT LET IT BUG YOU. IVE BEEN BRINGING OUT THE WORST IN A FEW PEOPLE AS WELL OVER THE PAST FEW WEEKS. I TELL YOU I CANT FIGURE IT OUT BECUASE I AM NOT A CONFRONTATIONAL PERSON BUT I KEEP HAVING ISSUES AND I AM NOT SURE WHY. I DOTN TRY TO PISS PEOPLE OFF BUT I HAVE BEEN DOING IT A LOT LATLY AND I JUST CANT FIGURE OUT IF IT'S JUST MY TURN TO HAVE PEOPLE PISSED AT ME OR IF IM REALLY DOING SOMETHING WRONG. I HAD ONE FRIEND MAD AT ME-- REALLY MAD-- BECUASE WE WERE GIVEN FAST PASSES AT DISNEYLAND (GET ON RIDES QUICKER) AND THEY HAD EXPIRED BUT THE GUY AT THE GATE NODDED HIS HEAD AND JUST SAID- GO AHEAD- AND HE LET US USE THE EXPIRED PASS ALL DAY. SHE WAS MAD-- AND I MEAN REALLY MAD- AT ME BECUASE SHE THOUGHT THAT WAS DISHONEST. AT THIS POINT SHE IS STILL NOT TALKING TO ME AND SHE WAS NOT EVEN THERE. I WAS JUST RELATING THE STORY TO HER ABOUT HOW COOL IT WAS AND SHE FREAKED ON ME BECUASE I SAW NOTHING WRONG WITH IT. UGGGGG IM JUST CONFUSED!!

ANYWAY, YOUR FINE-- ITS NOT YOU BUT I GET HOW AND WHY YOU WOULD INTERNALIZE IT.

CHRISTY :)

The Byrd Family said...

It's definately not you! Just keep showing them Jesus and that's all you can do.

This is probably why we are supposed to pray for our enemies...

Powered by Blogger.